Library cards and access to collections
- Valid photo identification and proof of current address is required when applying for a library card for yourself or a dependent. Applications are available at the library or available to print here. Check out more information about your library card here.
- Persons under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian co-sign a library card application. The parent or guardian must have an active library card in order for those under the age of 18 to acquire one. If persons under the age of 18 plan on using our public computers, our Internet Use Policy and accompanying Rules for Online Safety must be reviewed and signed.
- You must have your library card with you to checkout library materials.
- The Lester Public Library of Arpin is part of the South Central Library System, a cooperative network of public libraries in a seven-county area that offers a shared online catalog and delivery service of books and materials. An Arpin Library card allows you to order, checkout, or return items at any LINKcat library within the South Central Library System. View a list of South Central libraries and LINKcat libraries here.
- In addition to being able to return materials at any LINKcat library, materials can be returned in the outdoor book drop located outside to the left of the library's entrance, in the indoor book drop, or at the main desk provided someone is available to accept your returns.
- For a breakdown of materials and collections available for loan, including information about online resources, archive collections, launchpads, makerspace kits and other activities, and our Nintendo Switch, visit our Materials and Collections page.
Internet access and other public computing
- Free wireless internet is available throughout the library (connection labeled library-wireless). Visit Frequently Asked Questions about wireless internet.
- The library offers one desktop computer station and two laptops available for checkout and use from the front desk. A library card is required in order to checkout and use a laptop. Computers must be used according to the library's Internet Use Policy.
- All library patron computers offer access to Microsoft programs, black and white printing ($0.20 per page), and color printing ($0.50 per page).
- Patrons under the age of 18 are required to view our Rules for Online Safety and have a parent/guardian signature collected before they are allowed to use public computers.
Copying, scanning, and faxing
The library provides copying, scanning, and faxing services for public use. Black and white copies cost $0.20 per page. Color copies cost $0.50 per page. Scanning is free. Faxing is also available for $1.00 per page.
The library offers the use of two meeting spaces to the public. 1) A small meeting room (fits 6-8 people) and 2) The main public program space in the center of the library. Review of our Meeting Room Policy and completion of our meeting room application is required before use of any meeting area in the library.