- Valid photo identification and proof of current address is required when applying for a library card for yourself or a dependent. Applications are available at the library or available to print here.
- Persons under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian co-sign library card application. The parent or guardian must have an active library card in order for those under the age of 18 to acquire one. If persons under the age of 18 plan on using our public computers, our Rules for Online Safety must be reviewed and signed.
- You must have your library card with you to check out library materials.
- An Arpin Library card allows you to order, checkout, or return items at any LINKcat library within the South Central Library System. View a list of LINKcat libraries here.
Internet access and other public computing
- Free wireless internet is available throughout the library (use connection labeled library-wireless). No wireless printing is available.
- The library offers one desktop computer station, and two laptops available for checkout and use from the front desk. A library card is required in order to checkout and use a laptop. Computers must be used according to the library's Internet Use Policy.
- All library patron computers offer access to Microsoft programs and black and white printing ($0.20 per page).
- Headphones are available for those that need sound.
- Patrons under the age of 18 are required to view our Rules for Online Safety and have a parent/guardian signature collected before they are allowed to use public computers.
Copying, scanning, and faxing
The library provides copying and scanning services for public use. Copies cost $0.20 per page. Scanning is free. Faxing is also available at the library ($1.00 per page).
Materials available for loan
The Lester Public Library of Arpin's collection consists of a variety of different materials in different formats including hardcover, paperback, and large print books; DVDs and Blu-ray discs, audiobooks, launchpads, and certain reference materials. The library also offers a variety of magazines and newspapers for patron use.
If patrons are unable to find materials they are looking for, requests can be made to obtain those materials from other SCLS libraries. Please use LINKcat or see a staff member to complete these requests.
The library offers the use of two meeting spaces to the public. 1. A small meeting room (fits 6-8 people and is more private) and 2. The main program space in the center of the library (less private). Review of our Meeting Room Policy and completion of our meeting room application is required before use of any meeting area in the library.
Launchpads are tablets that have been preloaded with educational games that are available at the library for 7 day checkout. Launchpad ages range from 3 to 10 years old.
Nintendo switch and kindle fires
The Arpin Library has a Nintendo Switch for patron use in the library. Up to four players may play at a time depending on the game, so bring your friends! See a librarian to start playing. Rules and regulations for use of the Nintendo Switch are listed below.
- The Nintendo Switch is intended for in-library use only. The console, games, and accessories will not be allowed to be checked out or taken home by patrons.
- A library card is required for use of the Nintendo Switch.
- A list of the games the library currently has available to play can be found here.
- Have a game that you want to play that we don't have? Let us know! Email us with game suggestions!
The library also has two Kindle Fires for patron use in the library. Kindle Fires are available for in-library use only and are not to be checked out or taken home by patrons. Access to Overdrive and the LINKcat catalog is available on both devices, as well as a selection of preloaded games and other materials. A library card is required in order to use the Kindles.