The Lester Public Library of Arpin has a meeting room for library programs, and makes these facilities available to nonprofit organizations within the Arpin Town and Village. The Library has a capacity of up to 70 people.
Permission to use the rooms does not constitute endorsement or sponsorship of any program or event by the library. The library’s name may be used only in reference to the location, not sponsorship. Applications must be submitted for use of the rooms. The Library may cancel any reservation in the event of a conflict with a library program. Notice of such cancellation will be given as soon as possible. Organizations must notify the library of any cancellation on their part as soon as possible. The library cannot be responsible for items left in the room.
- The organization conducting the meeting shall be financially responsible for damage to the walls, floor covering, tables, chairs, or fixtures and any other contents of the facility.
- The organization in whose name the reservation has been confirmed shall be the same organization conducting the meeting for which the application is made. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age. No admission fee may be charged.
- Library meeting rooms may not be used for personal or private profit.
- Library meeting rooms may not be used for social gatherings.
- Library meeting rooms may be scheduled for use during regular library operating hours. During non-operating hours prior approval must be given by the director.
- Programs or meetings may not disturb the use of the library by other patrons.
- Smoking and/or alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- The room must be vacuumed and the garbage must be taken out. A vacuum cleaner is available at the circulation desk and must be returned after use.
- Nothing may be attached to any surface of the room other than the bulletin board.
- Library staff will check the room and if concerns arise will contact the director so the director can contact the organization’s representative.
- Use of the room by the library or the county governing authorities for any purposes shall be permitted.
- Permission to use the Library meeting rooms may be withheld from groups failing to comply with the Meeting Room Policy and from any group that damages the room, carpet, equipment, or furniture, or causes a disturbance.
The Town of Arpin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request.
Reviewed and Updated: December 2020