Materials available for loan
The Lester Public Library of Arpin's collection consists of a variety of different materials in different formats including hardcover, paperback, and large print books; DVDs and Blu-ray discs, audiobooks, launchpads, and certain reference materials. The library also offers a variety of magazines and newspapers for patron use. Makerspace kits and other activities and Nintendo Switch games are available for patron checkout for 14 days.
If patrons are unable to find materials they are looking for, requests can be made to obtain those materials from other SCLS libraries. Please use our LINKcat catalog or see a staff member to complete these requests.
Online materials and resources
The Lester Public Library of Arpin's collection also consists of a variety of different online materials and resources including ebooks through Overdrive - Wisconsin's Digital Library. Different databases are also available to library patrons. Database types include genealogy, newspaper, car repair, book suggestions, and more. Access library databases through our Online Resources page. Databases are free to all those with an Arpin Library card.
Tax forms and Don't Miss Lists (frequently updated lists of popular books by type and topic that are useful for reading recommendations) are also available through our online resources page.
The Arpin Library has a variety of different historical items located in our reference room that are accessible to the public. Items are generally in-library use only. Contact the library with any questions regarding specific items. Items can also be donated as part of our Arpin Archives Project.
Launchpads are tablets that have been preloaded with educational games that are available at the library for 7 day checkout. Launchpad ages range from 3 to 10 years old. View our Loan Policy concerning Launchpads.
Makerspace kits and other activities
Listed below are the kits, activities, games, and more located in our Makerspace and Activity Area that are available for patron checkout for 14 days. Checkout a kit or use it at the library. For more information or to report problems with any kit, please contact the library. Please note that fines and replacement fees will be charged for missing, damaged, or unusable kits.
- Makey Makey Kit: an invention kit that allows you to control your computer through unusual ways. Visit our Makey Makey Kit Resources page for more information, rules and guidelines, inspiration, and websites to use with the kit.
- Mega Model T-Rex Kit: build a cardboard 3-foot long t-rex model.
- Snap Circuit Kits (2): snap circuits make learning electronics easy and fun. Build exciting projects such as AM radios, burglar alarms, doorbells, and more.
- Spirograph Kit: a drawing and art kit that creates geometric shapes and drawings.
- Perler Bead Kit: use colorful beads to form patterns and then fuse them together to create personalized art.
- Juggling Kit: use this kit to master the art of juggling.
- Planet Floor Puzzles (2): giant floor puzzles of the solar system.
- Kid's Garden: includes 40 fun indoor and outdoor activities and games.
- Knot Tying: includes knot tying cards and ways to turn practicing your different knots into a fun game.
- Barbie Dollhouse Project: plans for creation of a wooden Barbie dollhouse and furniture. For intermediate to experienced woodworkers.
- Puzzles: The library also has 50+ puzzles for patrons to checkout. Puzzle piece counts begin at 500+ pieces. Visit the library to view available puzzles.
- Party and Board Games
We also have some activities and items available for in-library use only, such as a code-a-pillar, legos, picasso tiles, and cricut.
The Arpin Library has a Nintendo Switch for patron use in the library. Up to four players may play at a time depending on the game, so bring your friends! See a librarian to start playing. Playability is determined by what games are available. Rules and regulations for use of the Nintendo Switch are listed below.
- The Nintendo Switch is intended for in-library use only. The console and accessories will not be allowed to be checked out or taken home by patrons.
- A library card is required for use of the Nintendo Switch.
- Most Nintendo Switch games can be checked out for use with personal Nintendo Switch consoles. There are two ways to see what games are available for checkout or to place a hold:
- Search "nintendo switch" in our LINKcat catalog and select Lester Public Library of Arpin from the available on shelf or owned by list.
- Select a game from the carousel below (all games currently owned by the Lester Public Library of Arpin appear in this carousel) and view availability next to our Library's name. You can also place a hold to ensure you get a chance to checkout that game.
- Have a game that you want to play that we don't have? Let us know! Email us with game suggestions!