The library provides space on its public bulletin board for announcements and notices of local and statewide civil, educational, cultural events. It also allows literature in its display racks for distribution of free materials which may be of interest to library patrons. Both of these services are in keeping with the Library’s overall mission statement of providing access to a wide range of information sources.
- All notices, posters, and free literature must be placed on the bulletin board or in the display racks after the approval by the Library Director. Staff may discard items not approved for placement, and excess copies of any items received.
- In general, no items devoted solely to the sale, advertising, solicitation or promotion of commercial products or services for a single profit making business will be accepted.
- Materials that promote religious and political affiliations will not be permitted. Public service announcements regarding politics will be permitted.
- Items will be posted or made available on an unbiased basis, subject to available space, regardless of the beliefs of affiliations of the individuals or groups represented.
- Posting of a notice or placement of materials in a display rack does not imply endorsement by library staff or board of trustees.
- The library will not be responsible for returning materials and materials will be discarded when outdated.
Reviewed and Updated: March 5, 2018