After much consideration of the guidelines and recommendations provided by the Wood County Health Dept along with both State and Federal agencies, the Lester Public Library of Arpin has established the following procedures to protect the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and community.
By patrons voluntarily using the library, the Lester Public Library of Arpin views this as an acknowledgement of the contagious nature of COVID-19 or any illness and that patrons assume the risk that they and/or their family may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19, or any illness by utilizing the library. The library is taking precautions to help reduce exposure or infection but cannot be liable if it should occur.
The library is open regular hours for public use. Curbside pickup will continue to be offered for those more comfortable with that format of service.
Restrictions and Requirements During Building Hours
- Wearing a face mask is no longer required when visiting the library, but is strongly recommended.
- Both patrons and staff will be expected to sanitize their hands upon entering the library facility.
- Only 15 patrons may be in the library building at one time, including staff.
- Children under the age of 12 may not use the library without a parent/guardian in attendance. Toys have been removed from the children's area.
- Patrons and staff are expected to practice social distancing whenever possible.
- Delivered and returned library materials will no longer be quarantined prior to being made available for checkout.
- Anyone, both patrons and staff, feeling sick and/or displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness should not come to the library and will be asked to leave if they do so.
- There will be no in-library programming until further notice.
This plan may change without notice if new recommendations or requirements cause us to re-evaluate our procedures and plan. The public shall be notified as soon as possible of any such changes.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns about using the library.