The Lester Public Library of Arpin is having a logo contest for anyone wishing to help create the Library their very own Logo! The deadline for all logos is October 31st. Call the library at 715-652-2273 for logo requirements and more details.
Please note that the opening and closing hours for Wednesday and Thursday at the Lester Public Library of Arpin have changed. Wednesday's new hours are from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Thursday's new hours are from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
* WEDNESDAYS: All day on every Wednesday there will be coffee/tea/cider along with some sort of snack at the library for patrons
* STORY HOURS: Story hours are Fridays at 10 a.m from September 11th to December 18th. On Friday, October 16th, there will be Spooky Music with Edie Smazal. Also, on Friday December 4th, Edie Smazal will be back with Holiday Songs.
* CRAFT GROUP: Craft Group meets Thursdays at the library. Call the library for times.
* BOOK CLUB: Book Club meets the 3rd Monday of every month at 6:30. Call the library for more information.
* BOARD MEETINGS: Board Meetings are at 7 p.m. on the first Monday of every month
Everyone is welcome to come to any programs at the library!
On Friday, April 24, assistant librarian Joyce Soppe and ArborVantage owner Kevin Krings provided a lesson about trees and how to plant them.
Joyce wanted to do more than read a book about trees to the children during Earth Week. She wanted them to plant a tree and called Kevin to ask his advice on the best tree for the grounds and what needed to be done.
When Joyce explained her plan, Kevin told Joyce he would donate the tree and help with the planting.
In the middle of Friday morning’s story hour, armed with buckets and shovels, our favorite patrons filled their buckets with dirt and poured it into the hole around the root of the tree. There was more than one squeal heard when worms were found squiggling in the dirt.
Thank you to the members of Arpin Advancement. The library received a gift of $1,000 to use where needed the most. There are many areas in the library it could make a big difference and the hardest part will be deciding whether to spend on one large item or several smaller items. The library would like more shelving, a new barcode scanner, display shelves, and electronic devices for the kids. A huge thank you to Arpin Advancement. We appreciate their ongoing support and will do our best to use the gift wisely.